About Goldsworthy Advisory
The GA team brings a unique depth and breadth of knowledge and expertise to their roles, encompassing experience at board and management level in a diversity of sectors.
Sector knowledge and expertise includes financial services, enterprise software, real estate, construction, hospitality, vocational education and training, allied health, university industry collaboration, and the performing arts.
Goldsworthy Advisory does not advertise for business but relies on word-of-mouth recommendations. It maintains strict confidentiality with respect to its clients and their business.
Our value is not based on theory, but on some seven+ decades of hard-won personal practical experience.
Prof. Ashley W Goldsworthy AO OBE KSS KM
FTSE FCIE BCom MSc MA (Theol.) DPA GradDipCanLaw DipBus DipMgmt TAE LLN AAUQ FCPA FCA FIPA FFA(UK) F Fin FCIS FGIA FACS FAICD FIML JP (Qual) Registered Mediator
Ashley has an extensive business career extending over 50 years, as a CEO, Chairman, or Director of large companies, both domestic and international, covering banking, insurance, finance, housing, construction (then largest construction company in Australia), information technology, property development, hospitality and gaming (casinos).
Ashley has also established start-ups and extensive experience with not-for-profit organisations. He has managed companies ranging in size from 3 employees to over 12,000 employees.
Past member of the Business Council of Australia. Former Director of Economic Statistics for the Australian Government. Extensive career in information technology including World President of the International Federation for Information Processing.
In 1996, the Peoples Republic of China honoured him by electing him a Fellow of the Chinese Institute of Electronics.
Former Dean of the School of Business and Professor of Leadership at Bond University. Past Federal President and Life Member of the Liberal Party of Australia. Founder of Business/Higher Education Round Table in 1990, Past President and Executive Director and appointed inaugural Patron in 2018.
Ashley is a graduate of three Australian and one overseas university with degrees in accounting, business, science, public administration, theology, and canon law. Currently reading law for a doctorate degree.
Is a Fellow of 12 professional associations in accounting, finance, information technology, management and leadership. Community service includes philanthropy and the Scout Association, Arthritis Foundation, Red Shield Appeal, National Gallery of Victoria; Queensland Theatre Company (Chairman), Australian Ballet, Queensland Ballet (Life Member), and Queensland Performing Arts Trust.
Appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) by H.M. the Queen in 1982; Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) by H.M the Queen in 1991; awarded the Centenary Medal by H.M. the Queen in 2003; invested as a Knight of Malta in 2009.
"The foundation of all activity, business, professional, and personal, is integrity."
Chairman & CEO
- Foundation Chairman, Enterprise Management Pty. Ltd - financial services to SMEs
- Smart Employment Solutions Ltd - apprenticeship training
- Foundation Chairman (founder), The Australian Academy of Business - VET provider-Registered Training Organisation
- Foundation Chairman (founder), Australia's Leading Academy - VET provider
- Foundation Chairman, Certainedge Pty. Ltd - specialized enterprise software
- Foundation Chairman, uniDap solutions Pty. Ltd - patented IT software
- Triton Foundation Ltd – mentoring and resource centre for inventors
- Foundation Chairman, RP Data Ltd - online property information portal
- Foundation Chairman, The Australian Institute of Technology Pty. Ltd – VET provider
- Strarch International Ltd – international construction
- Foundation Chairman, Kale Consultants Australia Pty. Ltd – Indian-based IT services company
- Foundation Chairman, Finance Advisory Board, Brisbane City Council
- International Federation for Information Processing - World President
- Australian Computer Society Inc - National President
- Business/Higher Education Round Table Ltd - President (membership organisation consisting of university Vice-Chancellors and leading business industry executives)
- Foundation Chairman, Centre for International Research on Communication and Information Technologies (CIRCIT) at RMIT University
- Chairman, Brisbane Catholic Archdiocese Property & Building Committee
- Chairman, Brisbane Catholic Archdiocese Audit & Risk Management Committee
- Jennings Group Ltd – national construction company, market cap in excess of $1Billion
- Suncorp Building Society – billion-dollar retail bank
- Dean - School of Business and Professor of Leadership, Bond University
- Australian Computer Society Inc
- Business Higher Education Round Table Ltd
- Business Higher Education Round Table Ltd
- Jennings Properties Ltd (became Centro Ltd) - multi-billion dollar international shopping centre owner
- Jupiters Ltd – casino, hotel and convention centre operator
- Australian Payments System Council
- Monash College Pty. Ltd
- Brisbane College of Theology
- Australian Technical College Gold Coast Ltd
- Brisbane Catholic Education Council (Deputy Chairman); Chairman Finance Committee
- St. Paul’s Theological College, Australian Catholic University
- Brisbane Catholic Archdiocesan Finance Council
- Federal President, Liberal Party of Australia 1990-1993
- Foundation Chairman, Marriage Alliance Ltd
- Director, Rock ‘n Roll Circus Inc
- Director, Australian Ballet
- Member, Resources Council, Scout Association (Vic)
- Member, Business Council, National Gallery of Victoria
- Director, Queensland Ballet Company (Life Member)
- Zone Chairman, Red Shield Appeal, Brisbane
- Director, Arthritis Foundation of Australia - Queensland
- Chairman, Queensland Theatre Company (Queensland Government)
- Industry Research & Development Board (Australian Government)
- Australian Science and Technology Council (Australian Government)
- National Library of Australia (Australian Government)
- Australian-American Fulbright Commission (Australian Government)
- Queensland Performing Arts Trust (Queensland Government)
- Business/Industry/Higher Education/Collaboration Council (Australian Government)
- Consultant to the Australian Law Reform Commission
- Chairman, Information Industries Task Force (Australian Government)
- Business Council of Australia (Chairman of the Education and Training Committee)
- Foundation Chairman, National Information Technology Council Inc
- Foundation Chairman, Information Industries Roundtable
- Foundation Chairman, Centre of Excellence in Information Technology, Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants
- Foundation Chairman, Gold Coast Education & Training Network Inc (Hon. Member)
Non-Board Senior Executive Positions
- Deputy to the CEO, State Government Insurance Office (now Suncorp)
- Director, Economic Statistics, Australian Bureau of Statistics
Director, Research & Investment
MBA MBL Dip ABS MAICD
Christopher has enjoyed a 35-year career that melds creativity and initiative with contemporary business skills; a career that includes professional experience across six industry sectors and nine companies.
He has pursued challenging opportunities across the commercial, tertiary education, not-for-profit, start-ups and SME sectors.
Operating in the different sectors has given Christopher deep experience in strategic analysis and practical exposure to all management functions: that is identifying the value drivers in strategy, governance, operations and financial performance, collaboration, stakeholder engagement, marketing and business infrastructure.
A common theme is Christopher’s leadership in advancing a business’ growth potential in the digital space e.g. development/launch of a website; development of eCommerce capabilities (transacting/marketing), improved business systems and processes.
Accompanying Christopher’s executive strength is his experience as a non-executive director. This experience coupled with his MBL degree (corporate governance) enables Christopher to contribute and engage at the highest level.
He is an expert in the practice of collaboration and strategic review, and a disciple of financial data integrity and transparency.
For Christopher, the clarity of achievement is in having an aligned board re growth strategies, market positioning and operational performance; a culture of excellence based on collective aspirations; and sustainable business success built upon the foundations of talent, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Non-executive director
- Board Governance
- Pragmatic Growth
- Strategic Management & Review
- Financial Management
- Government Reporting & Relations
- Change Management
- External Relations
- Market Positioning
- Media Liaison
- Tour Management
- Director, Strategy; Assistant Executive Director, Business Higher Education Round Table - membership-based organisation of university Vice-Chancellors and leading business industry executives
- General Manager, DMA Clinical Pilates & Physiotherapy - client services, continuing education courses, manufacture/sale of specialized remedial equipment
- Manager, Business & Strategy, NZ Schools of Dance & Drama, National Dance & Drama Centre - vocational education providers and performing arts centre
- Vice-President – Corporate Development, AGILITAS Pty Ltd - Aust. Representative for USA-based allied health business
- Company Manager, Essgee Entertainment - live musical theatre touring company
- Advisory – Five Star Motor Vehicle Finance, Precious Gemstones International
- Artist – The Australian Ballet
- The Australian Ballet, Member Audit & Risk Committee
- National Theater Melbourne, Chair Audit & Risk Committee
- Creative & Cultural Industries Committee, Innovation & Business Skills Australia
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
BEng(Mech) (Hons) BBus(Finance)
Knox Hart offers industry experience and innovative approaches to complex project and business challenges. Knox has strong major project experience, is a strategic thinking self-starter, and brings demonstrated experience in coordinating multidisciplinary teams to deliver technically excellent outputs.
In addition to his project experience, he has prior experience within the field of data analytics, including data modelling and quantitative analysis using platforms such as MATLAB, Excel (VBA) and Palisade @risk. This experience has been gained through the development of data cleansing and analytics algorithms to identify trends and produce meaningful relationships within data sets.
Knox specialises in major infrastructure development and offers expertise in the following fields:
- Project feasibility & Review
- Procurement Strategy & Execution
- Project finance & Modelling
- Due Diligence
- Design Management
- Delivery/Project Management
- Project Manager – Cross River Rail Delivery Authority $5.4b
- Project Engineer – Caloundra Road to Sunshine Coast Motorway $940m
- Project Engineer – Toowoomba Second Range Crossing $1.6b
- Investment Analyst – Private Equity $25m FUM